Redwood Falls, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Welder/Fabricator
Location: Artex, Redwood Falls, MN
Reports To: Complex Manager
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Product Assembly
- Product Inspection
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work safely following all company safety policies, practices, procedures and improvement initiatives
- Comply with all regulatory compliance requirements including safety, environmental, and food/feed safety
- Read and follow manufacturing and assembly drawings, prints and instructions
- Consistently produce clean, high quality welds that will pass quality inspection
- Consistently produce assemblies in square and to specifications and pass quality inspection
- Operates welding and cutting equipment, lathes, sheers, presses and other metal working machinery safely
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements; proficient in assigned welding techniques
- Maintains and services hydraulic equipment and metal fabrication machinery
- Operates forklifts, pallet jacks and hydraulic lifting equipment
- Troubleshoots equipment and uses tools provided for assigned duties; performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces
- Performs assigned duties (maintenance, housekeeping, safety, etc.) to meet Company quality standards
- Follows all safety procedures and maintains housekeeping of facility
- Accurately and legibly completes all paperwork in a timely manner and maintains records as required
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), preferred
- Three to six months related experience and/or training
- Ability to accurately read and interpret documents (i.e. safety rules, instructions, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry up to 75 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and crawl, frequently
- Ability to meet vision requirements – close, distance, peripheral, and depth
- Ability to work in an environment with extreme heat and loud noise levels
- Ability to perform all hand and wrist movements, continuously
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.