Truck Shop Maintenance
Central Bi Products
Long Prairie, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Truck Shop Maintenance
Location: Long Prairie, MN
Reports To: Complex Manager
Areas of Accountability
- Equipment Installation
- Equipment Maintenance
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work safely following all company safety policies, procedures, and improvement initiatives
- Comply with all regulatory compliance requirements including safety, environmental, and food/feed safety
- Operate bobcats, forklifts, farm tractors, bucket trucks, boom trucks, and Simons lifts
- Maintain and service/assist in the maintenance of all off-road vehicles, trailers, tractors, trucks, and associated equipment in all departments of the complex
- Troubleshoot equipment
- Correctly operate, maintain, and use the equipment and tools required for assigned fabrication and maintenance duties
- Accurately and legibly record and maintain records
- Assist plant maintenance personnel when necessary
- General housekeeping duties, including painting and/or scrubbing with detergent solutions
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Ability to distinguish colors (i.e. wire codes)
- Accurately read and understand signs, labels, warnings, directions, operator manuals, service manuals, and wiring schematics associated with the maintenance and/or operation of instruments and equipment
- Accurately preform basic mathematical skills
- Occasionally push and/or pull heavy objects (approx. 200 pounds max)
- Occasionally lift up to 100 pounds from floor to waist level
- Frequently climb stairs and/or ladders (up to 40 feet)
- Accurately follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Ability to work day/night shifts or rotations, if applicable
- Ability to work required hours, possibly 10 or 12-hour shifts, weekend and holiday work as required
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.