Performance Pet Products
Mitchell, South Dakota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Performance Pet, located in Mitchell, SD, is home to the innovators and formulators who turn the desire for leaner, tastier, healthier or otherwise better pet food into an actual product on the shelves. Everything we do is custom made for every customer, and we’re the only canner to do so. Learn more about what we do at performancepet.net/.
We are currently hiring for a motivated Talent Coordinator to join our HR Team at our Performance Pet Products location! We offer a complete benefits package, paid time off, paid holidays and birthday holiday, great team members, and more!
Job Title: Talent Coordinator
Location: Mitchell, SD
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Applicant Sourcing & Tracking
- Candidate Evaluation
- Employee Onboarding & Offboarding
- Company Awareness & Representation
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement transparent, full-cycle recruiting strategy compliant with best practices and state/federal legislation
- Foster a high level of awareness within all local communities and promote FUI as an “employer of choice”
- Manage applicant tracking system, including posting of all positions and reporting on employment activity
- Collaborate with managers on a regular basis to identify hiring needs, as well as most favorable recruiting process
- Source applicants from a variety of resources – professional networking, social media, local postings, job/career fairs, etc.
- Act as main point of contact for applicants
- Screen resumes and perform initial interviews to ensure alignment of candidate with staffing objectives
- Assist with interviewing and employee selection
- Administer appropriate assessments and manage screenings for applicants
- Coordinate new hire orientation, onboarding and training, with a strong focus on culture
- Provide company representation related to networking & recruiting (i.e. job fairs, career fairs, etc.)
- Assist Corporate HR in other time collection and HR tasks, as needed
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Associate’s degree in Communications, Business or Human Resources, preferred; or comparable education and/or experience
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high level of professionalism
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion and confidentiality
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Experience in a staffing/recruiting role, preferred
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System and/or HRIS, preferred
- Experience in a high-volume, multi-location environment, preferred
- Strong sense of initiative and independent problem-solving with the ability to manage time with little supervision
- Travel up to 10%, annually; valid Class B Driver’s License
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.