Sales Associate (Corporate Office)
Central Bi Products
Redwood Falls, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Sales Associate
Location: Corporate Office
Reports To: Director of CBI Sales & Quality
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Customer Service
- Customer Contracts
- Company Database
- Continuous Improvement / Strategy
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners, brokers, and sales individuals
- Interact regularly with existing customers and future accounts through site visits and trade shows, strengthening the company image
- Quote accurate prices, obtain orders, and complete sales contracts for current and future accounts, encouraging additional sales
- Enter and document customer orders, communicating promptly to meet the needs and resolve issues of current and future accounts
- Attend sales meetings and offer insight in developing sales strategies/goals/forecasts to enhance long-term sales success and profitability
- Work with internal or external marketing group to promote current and new products
- Establish and monitor process to communicate, create, and/or share ideas to drive continuous improvement and growth
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly reports on sales (dollars and pounds) and a summary of current and potential growth
- Assist with merchandising and pricing goals in accordance with FUI guidelines
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal work load.
- Associate’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field; or comparable years’ experience, preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience managing domestic/international sales, customer service, or account management functions, preferred
- Background in agriculture or nutrition, preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with excellent self-presentation and platform skills
- Strong sense of initiative and independent problem-solving with the ability to manage time and deadlines with little supervision
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Outlook. Microsoft Dynamics NAV, a plus.
- Travel up to 30%, annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.