Central Bi Products
Long Prairie, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Safety Coordinator
Location: Long Prairie, MN
Reports To: Sr. Safety Manager
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Safety Program
- Safety Training
- Safety Records & Reporting
- Regulatory Compliance (Safety & DOT)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate, implement, and maintain the FUI Safety Program in accordance with FUI’s values
- Coach site leadership to drive behavioral change by cultivating a “Safety First” culture
- Conduct safety walk-throughs; assist with development and implementation of program for site self-monitoring
- Conduct safety training – new hire, annual, etc.
- Oversee Safety Committee and facilitate monthly safety meetings
- Maintain all safety, accident, SDS, OSHA and training records
- Monitor safety policies to ensure alignment with current State/Federal regulations; recommend changes
- Implement and maintain a paperless safety environment
- Provide consultative guidance to site leadership with a focus on best practices
- Conduct post-incident and near-miss investigations, identify root cause and recommend/implement safety enhancements
- Track and communicate safety metrics to managers, employees and Safety Leadership
- Bring consistency to corrective actions related to safety violations and work injuries
- Partner with Safety Leadership to maintain comprehensive work comp reporting and follow-through process
- Assist with management of DOT compliance – training, Driver Qualification Files, etc.
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal work load.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Safety Management or Safety related field, preferred
- Three years safety experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Safety Certification (CSP, ASP, SMS, etc.), preferred
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal safety laws and regulations
- Valid Driver’s License
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion and confidentiality
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high level of professionalism
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong sense of initiative and independent problem-solving with the ability to manage time and deadlines with little supervision
- Travel up to 30%, annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.