FUI - Corporate Office
Redwood Falls, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 6 facilities in a three-state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa.
|Job title||Safety Manager|
|Location||Redwood Falls, MN|
|Reports to||Director of Safety|
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries.
- Safety Program
- Safety Training
- Safety Records and Reporting
- Regulatory Compliance (Safety & DOT)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a company-wide Safety-Program in accordance with FUI’s values
- Develop and coach site leadership to drive behavioral change by cultivating a “safety first” culture
- Conduct monthly safety walk-throughs; develop and implement a program for site self-monitoring
- Develop and conduct safety training – new hire, annual, etc.
- Oversee Safety Teams and facilitate monthly safety meetings at all locations
- Maintain all safety, accident, SDS, OSHA and training records
- Monitor safety policies to ensure alignment with current State/Federal regulations; identify impact of required changes and develop response strategies
- Implement and maintain a paperless safety environment
- Provide consultative guidance to site leadership with a focus on best practices
- Conduct post-incident and near-miss investigations, identify root cause and recommend/implement safety enhancements
- Develop, track, and communicate safety metrics to managers, employees and the Executive Team
- Bring consistency to corrective actions related to safety violations and work injuries
- Partner with Human Resources to develop and maintain in a comprehensive work comp reporting and follow-through process
- Manage DOT compliance – training, Driver Qualification Files, etc.
- Manage safety vendors, as needed
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. In addition, employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Safety Management or Safety related field, preferred
- Five years Safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Safety Certification (CSP, ASP, SMS, etc.), preferred
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal safety laws and regulations
- Valid driver’s license
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion and confidentiality
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high level of professionalism
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.