Quality & Regulatory Technician
Central Bi Products
Long Prairie, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, and Waite Park, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Quality & Regulatory Technician
Location: Long Prairie, MN
Reports To: Manager, Food Safety & Compliance
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Food Safety & Compliance Support
- Safety & Quality Records / Reporting
- Regulatory Compliance (Safety & Quality)
- Continuous Improvement & Strategy
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support with expertise in food safety, quality and regulation
- Update SOP, HACCP and FSMA documents, with assistance from Food Safety Dept. and Complex Managers, as required
- Assist Complex Managers and employees with implementation of internal programs for product safety and quality control
- Report status of and provide guidance on continuous improvement of internal programs to management
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met for product safety and quality control and recommend corrective actions, as needed
- Maintain and organize all documentation for product safety, quality and regulation compliance for CBI and NLC complexes
- Assist complex employees in converting documents to electronic storage system
- Monitor all changes in the documentation requirements and report to Food Safety Department in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate and organized electronic filing system, consistently available for external inspections and/or audits
- Assist Complex Managers and employees during internal and external inspections and/or audits
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal work load.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Food Science, Biology, or related field; or comparable years’ experience, preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in food/feed safety, quality assurance, and/or lab environment
- Knowledgeable in food safety, quality and USDA regulations and developing SOP, HACCP and FSMA plans
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high level of professionalism
- Strong sense of initiative and independent problem-solving with the ability to manage time and deadlines with little supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel up to 30%, annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.