Pet Care Systems
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Production Worker
Location: Detroit Lakes, MN
Reports To: Complex Manager
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Machine Operations
- Product / Packaging Inspection
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work safely and comply with company and regulatory safety/environmental policies, practices and procedures
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism to promote a positive image of the Company
- Process incoming material to produce finished product, meeting quality inspections and production goals
- Package material by company guidelines and monitor packaging equipment to ensure its proper operation throughout entire shift
- Notify supervisor or lead of any mechanical or material issues
- Palletize product and operate stretch-wrapping machine to wrap palleted product
- Perform all housekeeping tasks as required throughout shift with final cleanup prior to the end of shift
- Assist maintenance personnel, as needed
- Assist in staging shipments and loading trucks, as needed
- Operate forklift trucks as needed after proper training and certification
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience, preferred
- Forklift experience and/or certifications, preferred
- Ability to read and understand signs, labels, and warnings associated with the operation of equipment
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions; legibly record information and data; and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and crawl, frequently
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders up to 120 feet in height
- Ability to tolerate dusty conditions
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.