Maintenance Manager - Redwood Farms Meat Processors
Redwood Farms Meat Processors
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 6 facilities in a three-state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa.
|Job title||Maintenance Manager|
|Reports to||Complex Manager|
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Plant Equipment and Process Reliability
- Project Management
- Team Development
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to all health and safety policies/procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Manage and develop plant maintenance personnel
- Plan and manage plant outages and projects
- Develop and foster a partnership with plant equipment suppliers
- Ensure plant drawings, OEM documentation, and equipment files are organized and maintained
- Set high standards for plant housekeeping and ensure standards are understood, being achieved, and continuously improved
- Develop and continuously improve predictive and preventive maintenance practices
- Work with operations and maintenance personnel to reduce equipment and process downtime, and improve reliability
- Establish maintenance repair and replacement standards to meet OEM specifications
- Continually improve standards, based on precision maintenance concepts, through providing necessary maintenance tools, processes, and training
- Work with suppliers and management to recommend equipment and processes to improve existing operations and meet new business opportunities
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. In addition, employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science, or related field, preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience with mechanical and electrical maintenance; boilers; and freezers, preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in maintenance supervision, required
- Knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations in the food processing industry
- General knowledge and experience with plant accounting, purchasing, MRO inventory, and capital practices
- Experience with computerized maintenance programs with strong PC skills – MS Office applications
- Bi-lingual skills (English and Spanish), desired
- Travel up to 10% annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.