Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
FUI - Corporate Office
Redwood Falls, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Location: Redwood Falls
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Payroll Administration
- Benefits Administration
- HRIS Management
- Report Writing
- New Hire Orientation – HRIS & Benefits
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain employee confidence through accurate processing of payroll and benefits, as well as timely responses to inquiries
- Protect human resources operations by keeping information confidential
- Verify and process payroll & benefits – new hires/terminations, qualifying events, COBRA, VOI’s, unemployment, disability, etc.
- Manage Human Resources Information System – employee information, workflows, open enrollment, etc.
- Interpret, implement and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to payroll and benefits
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations and laws (i.e. Immigration, ACA, etc.)
- Provide orientation to new employees regarding HRIS, payroll and benefit programs
- Administer benefit programs and ensure accuracy through reconciliation of accounts
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual and year-end reporting/processes
- Ensure distribution of required employee notices
- Prepare payroll & benefit reports (earnings, hours, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, etc.)
- Cross-train and provide back-up for other areas of HR, as needed
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, or Accounting, preferred; or comparable education and/or experience
- Three years of experience in a payroll and/or benefits role, preferred
- Payroll or Human Resources Certification, preferred
- Experience in a high-volume, multi-location environment, preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge of relevant employment (payroll/benefits) legislation
- Experience with management of an HRIS and payroll processing system
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high level of professionalism
- Strong sense of initiative and independent problem-solving with the ability to manage time and deadlines with little supervision
- Travel up to 10%, annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.