Finisher (Final Assembly)
Redwood Falls, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Finisher (Final Assembly)
Location: Redwood Falls, MN
Reports To: Complex Manager
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Product Assembly
- Product Inspection
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work safely and comply with company and regulatory safety/environmental policies, practices, and procedures
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, customer service, and professionalism to promote a positive image of the company
- Read prints to accurately complete final assembly of trailers, boxes, spreaders, and attachments – steel and aluminum
- Install decals and attachments to trailers and other equipment
- Assemble and plumb hydraulic lines (steel and rubber); troubleshoot as needed
- Install wiring through various methods (i.e. soldering, crimping); test and troubleshoot as needed
- Set up and operate plasma cutting equipment – lathes, sheers, presses, and other metal working machinery
- Install airlines for tailgates and wheel assembly; install and align wheels
- Install tarp kits – electric, manual, side to side, front to back, etc.
- Correctly and accurately operate welding equipment, including plasma cutter and saw, for manufacturing of aluminum and steel
- Complete final inspection of attachments, tailgates, trailers, and spreaders, per the BOM and prior to shipping
- Maintain housekeeping, maintenance, and safety of the facility to comply with company standards
- Accurately and legibly complete all paperwork in a timely manner; maintain records, as required
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. In addition, employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), preferred
- Six months experience in metalworking and/or finishing
- Knowledgeable of different types of fluids, hydraulic, gear oil – measuring and installing
- Knowledge of hydraulic fittings
- Accurately read a tape measure to a 1/16″ with the ability to calculate, as needed
- Ability to accurately read and interpret documents (i.e. safety rules, instructions, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry up to 75 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl frequently
- Ability to meet vision requirements – close, distance, peripheral, and depth
- Ability to work in an environment with extreme heat and loud noise levels
- Ability to perform all hand and wrist movements, continuously
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.