Class A CDL Truck Driver
Central Bi Products
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Class A CDL Truck Driver
Location: Estherville, IA
Reports To: Complex Manager
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Federal DOT Compliance
- Product Transportation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism while promoting a positive image of the company
- Operate company owned trucks to facilitate shipping and receiving operations of raw materials and finished product trailers
- Performs required before-, during-, and after-operation “user maintenance” and provides required reports accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist with unloading pallets with a forklift, as needed
- Assist with minor maintenance and repairs of trucks/trailers as needed; notify management of major repairs needed
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs
- Accurately maintain driver log information using paperless technology
- Have a working knowledge of DOT, federal and state regulations pertaining to transportation
- Safely operate and maintain equipment per DOT and federal and state regulations
- Maintain and safeguard all company property provided for the position
- Perform tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations
- Follows all safety procedures and help maintain clean facilities/vehicles (trucks, equipment, tools, disposal of waste, etc.)
- Accurately and legibly complete all paperwork in a timely manner and maintain records as required
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
Qualifications, Education & Work Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One year or more of truck driving experience desired
- Ability to possess and maintain a current state Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Ability to possess and maintain a current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate Health Card
- Highly motivated and able to work as part of a team or independently as needed
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.