Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician - Central Bi-Products, Estherville
Central Bi Products
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Dakota Pack, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 6 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa.
|Job title||Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician|
|Reports to||Maintenance Manager|
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technicians maintain, troubleshoot, repair various types of equipment including AC/DC electrical, electronics, PLC’s, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical systems throughout the plant. Maintenance Shift Technicians function in a team environment working with other maintenance personnel, operations and quality assurance personnel, but must also be able to work independently as needed. Maintenance Shift Technicians report to the Maintenance Shift Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician will engage in the following activities:
- Know your responsibilities and follow the policies and procedures as detailed in the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety and Food Safety programs.
- Learn to do your job safely and choose that way to do it.
- Enforce housekeeping standards in their areas and report repeated problems to the area supervisor/lead.
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative and corrective maintenance:
- On industrial process equipment and support systems, including automated equipment
- On facility equipment such as boilers, compressors, overhead hoists, HVAC, and HVAC control Installation of new equipment up to 480 volts
- Read and interpret blueprints and layouts and electrical and instrument loop diagrams.
- Conduct inspections and tests as required per the site’s mechanical integrity program.
- Operate forklift, man lift & hand tools including drills, hacksaws, wrenches and grinders.
Qualifications, Education & Work Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical or vocational school OR Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a manufacturing environment in industrial electrical and/or industrial mechanical discipline
- Experience and knowledge in safety procedures including but not limited to: confined space entry, line opening, fall protection, lock out tag out, and hot work
- Demonstrated experience with reading blue prints and layouts including reading electrical and instrument loop diagrams
- Experience with AC and DC electric motors and/or drives
- Experience repairing industrial assembly equipment, i.e. injection molding machines, stamping/forming machines, multi-axis robots, and web handling equipment
- Experience with pneumatic pumps, gear pumps, HVAC, dampers and/or actuators
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving in a manufacturing environment
- Experience installing and servicing of compressed gas, liquid piping and vacuum services
- Experience with installation and service of industrial wiring and components
- Solid knowledge of basic math skills
- Basic computer knowledge to include PC component identification and troubleshooting
- Use of software such as CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System), Windows office tools and PLC
- Must have the ability to climb a ladder, drive a forklift, use a man lift, and wear a respirator
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical & drug testing and background check
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use computer keyboard
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist level
- Occasionally use stairs
- Occasionally bend at the waist or knees
- Ability to work required hours, possibly 10 or 12-hour shifts
- Weekend and holiday work as required
- Short notice call in
- Effectively communicate with supplier representatives, supervisors and co-workers
- Accurately read and understand signs, labels, warnings and directions
- Accurately perform basic mathematical skills
- Accurately and legibly record required information and data
- Accurately follow written and/or verbal instructions