Redwood Farms Meat Processors
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Barn Worker
Location: Estherville, IA
Reports To: Barn Lead
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Animal Care
- Barn Maintenance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and document daily care of animals
- Feed and water, monitor, and record daily activity
- Maintain a clean work environment (pens, unloading area, etc)
- Assist with moving hogs from truck to facility
- Report problems and/or broken or damaged equipment, as needed
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Previous livestock experience is preferred
- Knowledge of humane handling
- Ability to preform repetitive tasks
- Ability to work with and around sharp objects
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel, and squat as necessary
- Ability to handle hot and cold conditions (must dress according to weather) and be aware of hazards
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.