Pet Care Systems
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Detroit Lakes, MN
Reports To: Complex Manager
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Records & Reporting
- Accounting / Administrative Support
- Ordering / Receiving
- Phone Coverage & Customer Service
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism to promote a positive image of the Company
- Communicate with customers by phone and email, handling inquiries and issues about products and escalating issues, as needed
- Manage incoming invoices and enter purchase orders in Navision Dynamics for supplies, equipment, packaging, etc.
- Prepare invoices and send via email to customers
- Maintain customer mailing lists
- Enter credits daily in Navision Dynamics for approval and track/file all backup documentation
- Assist Corporate accounting by managing location specific accounts payable (purchase orders, invoices, job journals, etc.)
- Maintain and supply routine reports to various departments
- Manage packaging inventory (orders and shipments) and updates to tracking report
- Compile report for rebates and coupons and enter in Navision Dynamics to reimburse distributors
- Coordinate safety trainings, supervise weekly safety meetings, and maintain training records for complex
- Provide administrative and accounting support to managers and corporate staff, as needed
- Answer and direct all incoming calls to the correct department
- Maintain electronic and hard copy records and office filing, as needed
- Assist as backup in other areas, as needed
- Stocking and inventory of office supplies, as needed
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Associate degree in Business or related field, preferred; or comparable education and/or experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in customer service, shipping or accounting, preferred
- Previous experience with the sale and distribution of consumer goods, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion and confidentiality
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.