FUI - Corporate Office
Redwood Falls, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Location: Corporate, Redwood Falls
Reports To: Controller
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Collections Calls
- Accounts Payable & Receivable Entry
- Cash Receivables
- Customer Service
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism to promote a positive image of the Company
- Enter purchase orders into Dynamics NAV for approvals, verify approvals, and submit for payment by Accounts Payable
- Communicate with customers by phone or e-mail to collect on past due accounts
- Monitor both AR and AP emails
- Perform credit checks on prospective customers
- File and post cash receipts, sales invoices, and payment verifications daily
- Verify proper authorization and coding prior to entering documents into Microsoft Dynamics NAV system
- Prepare and distribute AR monthly statements for all divisions
- Assist with internal and external inquiries in relation to payable and receivable invoice discrepancies
- Work with other sites on fallen animal routes; importing tickets, new customer creation and customer statements, as requested
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, as requested
- Provide backup in other areas (Accounts Payable payment processing, answering phones, front desk duties, etc.), as needed
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Associate’s in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field; or comparable years’ experience
- 2-3 years in Accounts Receivable or Accounting
- Experience in an agriculture manufacturing environment, desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Dynamics, desired.
- Possess basic mathematical and analytical skills and knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and financial statements/reports
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion and confidentiality
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high level of professionalism
- Strong sense of initiative and independent problem-solving with the ability to manage time and deadlines with little supervision
- Travel up to 10%, annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.