Redwood Farms Meat Processors
Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Hog Buyer
Location: Estherville, IA
Reports To: Director of Operations, RFMP
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries.
- Supplier Relations
- Inventory Management
- Team Leadership
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate and implement preferred supplier contracts for legal correctness, price, and acceptability on market hogs specifications
- Assist in recruiting and maintaining suppliers that provide high quality market hogs
- Oversee all activities related to procurement from purchase to delivery
- Maintain headcount and weight of hogs received at the plant
- Supervise barn team to complete daily tasks and ensure livestock are handled properly
- Maintain records of business transactions and product inventories
- Input information into the computer as the hogs are received to allow for accurate pricing and payment
- Prepare and issue purchase orders for payment to producers
- Track and analyze daily hog and pork markets to determine present and future hog availability
- Ensure USDA regulatory compliance, HACCP, SSOP, SOP, GMP, and SQF program quality, and safety
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Assocaite degree in Meat Science, Animal Science, or related field
- 1 – 3 years of livestock buying and receiving experience
- Experience in pork manufacturing industry preferred
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.