Product Marketing Manager
Redwood Falls, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural-based manufacturing company headquartered in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI, is a premier provider of a variety of specialized products and services, providing superior value to our customers. We are comprised of 7 business divisions including Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Dakota Pack, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufacturers out of 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
|Job title||Product Marketing Manager- Artex|
|Location||Redwood Falls, MN|
|Reports to||Director of Marketing and Communications|
The Product Marketing Manager of Artex has a mission to create compelling messaging and marketing programs that will differentiate our products from the competition and drive growth for the Artex business. As a key member of the Marketing Team, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Adopting and exemplifying FUI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Strategic planning, development, execution and management of integrated marketing campaign strategies that ultimately drive sales of Artex products.
- Define product strategies and roadmaps. Create annual and long-term plans for product portfolio within the business and apply analysis and insight to develop product strategies for segmentation, targeting, and positing of products in assigned portfolio.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop Brand Strategy: Manage and grow strategic alliances to increase market awareness and penetration.
- Create Marketing Programs: Direct marketing (mailings), E-mail and digital marketing, webinars, dealer events, tradeshows and other events.
- Recommend and establish procedures, workflows, and project plans to improve efficiency of marketing campaign development, launch and back-end tracking.
- Responsible for developing product messaging used in various marketing and sales tools across the collection of products.
- Brand and Message Development: Ensure messaging resonates with customers and prospects while aligning with key industry trends/themes.
- Innovation: Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the market, target audiences and competition. Keep current with industry trends and emerging technology to help inform the product roadmap.
- Drive new product development pipeline – researches and recommends new products and services or market opportunities consistent with business capabilities and objectives. Conducts voice of the customer (VOC) activities to develop new product specifications that solve customer problems.
- Direct the go-to-market strategy for new products, product features and partnerships, and work cross-functionally to effectively implement the go-to-market plan.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Sales Enablement: Collaborating with and supporting the sales team through the development of sales tools, including collateral, presentations and continuing sales rep education.
- Analyzing data to track success of campaigns and improve ROI.
- Author and develop content for campaigns and collateral (brochures, flyers, and sell sheets). Work is done cross-functionally while managing relationships with an internal and external resources.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate and communicate with sales and marketing teams and senior executives, to present results and refine strategy.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 2-5 years Product Marketing, Digital Marketing and/or Product Management experience.
- Must be a high impact strategic thinker as well as talented at detailed execution.
- Excellent decision making skills: Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities and articulate rationale behind those decisions.
- Experience with modern marketing tools and platforms.
- BA/BS Marketing degree or equivalent working experience.
- Strong communications and content writing skills— there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring to life the business unit. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and prospects.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Microsoft Dynamics experience is a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Leads with a sense of urgency, customer service, excellence and pride, and willingness to work in a team.
- Work usually performed in an office setting or customer setting. Will require ability to work in plant environments at times.
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours on a scheduled /unscheduled basis when needed.
- Overnight travel as needed.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination to use a personal computer, e-mail, copier, fax, phone, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or employees via phone and in email.
- Ability to travel by vehicle or plane as required by role (up to 20% of the time).