Central Bi Products
Long Prairie, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI, is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Dakota Pack, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufacturers in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
|Job title||Maintenance Foreman|
|Location||Central Bi-Products, Long Prairie, MN|
|Reports to||Plant Superintendent|
Provides leadership and direction for plant maintenance employees to successfully accomplish all work assignments in a safe and timely manner that meets product quality specifications, production requirements and cost goals.
As a key member of the plant operations team, the Maintenance Foreman personnel will:
- Adopt and exemplify FUI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work safely following all company safety policies, practices, procedures and improvement initiatives.
- Comply with all regulatory compliance requirements regarding environmental, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPS), and food/feed safety.
- Work with plant management to establish maintenance priorities and objectives.
- Manage and develop plant maintenance personnel.
- Develop and foster a partnership with plant equipment suppliers.
- Ensure maintenance resources including equipment, tools, supplies, plant drawings, OEM documentation, and equipment files are organized and maintained.
- Set high standards for plant housekeeping and ensure standards are understood, being achieved, and are continuously being improved.
- Develop and continuously improve predictive and preventive maintenance practices, working with operations and maintenance personnel, to reduce critical equipment and process downtime and improve reliability.
- Establish maintenance repair and replacement standards to meet OEM specifications. Continually improve standards based on precision maintenance concepts providing necessary maintenance tools, processes, and training to maintenance personnel.
- Work with suppliers and corporate engineer to recommend equipment and processes to improve existing operations and to meet new business opportunities.
- Plan and manage plant outages and projects.
Qualifications, Education & Work Experience
- Associate Degree/Skills Training preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and skills training required
- Ten years or more of industrial maintenance experience
- At least three years of supervisory experience desired
- Multi-skills desired – mechanical, electrical, boiler, freezer, facility management
- Project management experience desired
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability and willingness to operate and maintain equipment in a safe and reliable manner always
- Effectively communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- Accurately read and understand signs, labels, warnings, and directions
- Accurately perform basic mathematical skills
- Accurately and legibly record required information and data
- Accurately follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Occasionally push and/or pull heavy objects (approx. 200 lbs. max)
- Frequently bend at the waist and/or knees
- Occasionally lift up to 100 lbs. from floor to waist level
- Frequently climb stairs and/or ladders (up to 40 ft.)
- Ability to distinguish colors (i.e. wire codes)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Tolerance of varying environmental conditions
- Tolerance of wet, slippery conditions
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours on a scheduled/unscheduled basis when required
- Ability to work day/night shifts, or rotations, if applicable
- Plant Superintendent