Accounts Payable Specialist
FUI - Corporate Office
Redwood Falls, Minnesota
Farmers Union Industries, LLC also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI, is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Dakota Pack, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufacturers in 6 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com
|Job title||Accounts Payable Specialist|
|Location||FUI Corporate Office Redwood Falls, MN|
|Reports to||Accounting Manager|
The Accounts Payable Specialist will carry out the accounts payable responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
As a key member of the Accounting & Finance team, the Accounts Payable Specialist will
- Adopt and exemplify FUI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accounts payable responsibilities include verifying proper authorization and coding prior to entering into Microsoft NAV system, and preparing check or electronic payment for issuance or transmission.
- Process all check requests, contract payments and employee expense reports up to point of issuing payment.
- Process contractor compensation including calculation of incentives and billing third parties for such where appropriate.
- Analyze vendor statements and reconcile accounts payable.
- Involved in vendor relationships as it relates to the resolution of problems and discrepancies.
- Ensure all A/P files and record keeping are in compliance with company and accounting policies.
- Responsible for application of payments from selected clients.
- Assist with invoicing and General Ledger closing process.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets as requested.
- Assist with internal and external inquiries in relation to invoice discrepancies.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Accounts Payables.
- Experience in an agriculture manufacturing environment a plus.
- Possess basic mathematic skills, the ability to analyze figures, and knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Able to pick up and learn new systems quickly and effectively.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and focus on long-term relationships.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of computers and familiarity with accounting software is also essential.
- Work performed in a corporate office setting.
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours on a scheduled /unscheduled basis when required.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination to use a personal computer, e-mail, copier, fax, phone, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to speak to and hear employees via phone and in person.